Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Haonan Hou <hh...@outlook.com> on 2019/10/09 06:01:37 UTC

Some user guide errors

发送自 Windows 10 版邮件<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>应用

________________________________
发件人: Haonan Hou
发送时间: Wednesday, October 9, 2019 10:08:09 AM
收件人: dev@iotdb.apache.org <de...@iotdb.apache.org>

Hi all,

I found out lots of mistakes in the User Guide.

For example, in Chapter2 Section1<https://iotdb.apache.org/#/Documents/0.8.0/chap2/sec1> page , there are links which are to Data Type and Encoding sections are invaild.
All most all links to another section are invaild. The reason is the Urls of there links include the wrong version numbers,
https://iotdb.apache.org/#/Documents/0.8.1/ .

Besides, another link error is in Chapter 4 Section 7<https://iotdb.apache.org/#/Documents/0.8.0/chap4/sec7> .
At the bottom of this page, there is link about how to use IoTDB-JDBC is also invaild. The correct Url should be https://github.com/apache/incubator-iotdb/tree/master/example/jdbc/src/main/java/org/apache/iotdb.

Also, the version info in code shows v0.8.1, such as in https://iotdb.apache.org/#/Documents/0.8.0/chap7/sec1. The version should be 0.8.0.

Best,
Haonan Hou

发送自 Windows 10 版邮件<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>应用

Re: Some user guide errors

Posted by 孙泽嵩 <sz...@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn>.
Hi Xiangdong and Haonan,

Many thanks for your detailed checking, and I will fix these links as soon as possible.

Later every time we changed branches and versions of the documents, I will notice and pay attention to the links.

Best,
Zesong Sun
School of Software, Tsinghua University

孙泽嵩