Posted to marketing@cloudstack.apache.org by Anne Claire Pourchasse <ap...@ikoula.com> on 2014/11/06 18:41:53 UTC

RE: Discover PICO Ikoula's new VM based on cloudstack

Hello Joe,

Sorry for this lack of information.
Ikoula doesn't spam the marketing list! We just like sharing with the community what we are developing with CloudStack.

Indeed, all our Cloud offers (Public, Private, Hybrid) are based on CloudStack.
It seemed may be too obvious for us, sorry for that!

I also take this occasion to let you know that we chose to invite some CloudStack Technology to the OpenStack Summit, happening in Paris this week.
All the metro lines hallways leading to the OpenStack Summit were full of our Ikoula Cloud advertisement campaign as you can see in the pictures enclosed to this email.

We are definitely CloudStack friends.

See you at the Conference in Budapest ;)

Anne-Claire

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
Anne Clair,

I saw your billboards in the metro just before the entrance of the
palais des congress. Nice, it provoked a smile as I entered the din
... ;)

as for the discussion below; a forward of the mail would have been
more clear but I don't think ikoula's offerings can be regarded spam
when going to marketing@ and the experience have been that you people
are not sending them to dev@ or users@.

On Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 9:01 AM, sebgoa <ru...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Nov 6, 2014, at 7:22 PM, Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Nov 6, 2014, at 11:41 AM, Anne Claire Pourchasse wrote:
>>> Hello Joe,
>>>
>>> Sorry for this lack of information.
>>> Ikoula doesn't spam the marketing list! We just like sharing with the
>>> community what we are developing with CloudStack.
>>
>> I'm happy to hear about what Ikoula does with CloudStack. Truly. But
>> what was sent to the list earlier looks very much to me like spam.
>
> Does not look to me like spam and I feel that you are overreacting.
>
> My perspective, since I know Anne Claire and that she has posted to the list several times, sponsored CCC several times etc…is that this was a genuine email, to show pride in a new offering based on CloudStack.
>
> Actually Joe, I am quite surprised by your answer and I would be iKoula I would be a bit frustrated right now.
>

>> Generally a "story" about what you're doing with CloudStack should
>> probably not include pricing information - as an example. Or links to
>> sign up pages.
>>
>> The earlier note you sent about Ikoula and its ranking was fine. But
>> this email, IMO, crossed the line.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> jzb
>> --
>> Joe Brockmeier
>> jzb@zonker.net
>> Twitter: @jzb
>> http://www.dissociatedpress.net/

--
Daan

Re: Discover PICO Ikoula's new VM based on cloudstack

Posted by sebgoa <ru...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net>.