Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by "Dickson, Matt MR" <ma...@defence.gov.au> on 2017/05/31 04:22:42 UTC

~delhdfs entries in metadata table [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

UNOFFICIAL

Hi,

I have in excess of 500K entries in the metadata table that look like:

~delhdfs: //root-<name>/accumulo/tables/<id>/...rf : []

Is this number of records normal?

I'm concerned that these are all hosted on a single tablet so wanted to either split the tablet or know if it is safe to delete these?

Thanks in advance.
Matt

Re: ~delhdfs entries in metadata table [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.
The tablet will split if it gets too big. You can manually add a split
point if you want it to split sooner.

These entries should go away on their own if the accumulo-gc service is
running. If it has died, you should check the logs to find out why, and
then restart it when you can. If the accumulo-gc service is running but the
files aren't going away, you should check the logs to determine why.

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.
On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 12:22 AM, Dickson, Matt MR
<ma...@defence.gov.au> wrote:
> UNOFFICIAL
>
> Hi,
>
> I have in excess of 500K entries in the metadata table that look like:
>
> ~delhdfs: //root-<name>/accumulo/tables/<id>/...rf : []
>
> Is this number of records normal?
>
> I'm concerned that these are all hosted on a single tablet so wanted to
> either split the tablet or know if it is safe to delete these?

Would not recommend deleting, because could prevent accumulo GC from
cleaning up unused files in HDFS.