Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Frank Taffelt <fr...@interface-business.de> on 2003/05/21 13:37:16 UTC

@bruno - woody - question

Hi,

i have the following use case in woody:

woody definition:

<wd:form
  xmlns:wd="http://apache.org/cocoon/woody/definition/1.0"
  xmlns:i18n="http://apache.org/cocoon/i18n/2.1">

  <wd:field id="role">
    <wd:label>Roles</wd:label>
    <wd:datatype base="long">
      <wd:selection-list src="cocoon:/data/woody/roles.xsp"/>
    </wd:datatype>
  </wd:field>

</wd:form>

you see, the content for the selection-list is dynamically generated from an
xsp-esql query. This worked fine for the cocoon-2.1m1 .

In the new 2.1m2, the content from roles.xsp is only generated the very
first time. All other requestes are cached and the serverpage is never
called again (even if i touch the xsp page - seems very strange to me) - any
suggestions ?

Thanks in Advance,
Frank

Re: @bruno - woody - question

Posted by Frank Taffelt <fr...@interface-business.de>.
> ok. Edit the following file:
> ./src/blocks/woody/java/org/apache/cocoon/woody/DefaultFormManager.java
>
> and replace the methods getStoredFormDefinition and storeFormDefinition
> with the following implementations:
>
>    private FormDefinition getStoredFormDefinition(Source source) {
>        return null;
>    }
>
>     private void storeFormDefinition(FormDefinition formDefinition,
> Source source) throws IOException {
>     }

now it works, thanks !!

> (I'm assuming here you're familiar with editing Java sources -- if not,
> let me know)

:-)

Frank

Re: @bruno - woody - question

Posted by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>.
On Wed, 2003-05-21 at 14:40, Frank Taffelt wrote:
> > If you need a work-around for this urgently, let me know.
>
> Yes, this would be very nice (my current cocoon-app depends on this
> feature).

ok. Edit the following file:
./src/blocks/woody/java/org/apache/cocoon/woody/DefaultFormManager.java

and replace the methods getStoredFormDefinition and storeFormDefinition
with the following implementations:

   private FormDefinition getStoredFormDefinition(Source source) {
       return null;
   }

    private void storeFormDefinition(FormDefinition formDefinition,
Source source) throws IOException {
    }

This will disable the form definition caching.

A better solution will be available in a future release.

Re: @bruno - woody - question

Posted by Frank Taffelt <fr...@interface-business.de>.
> If you need a work-around for this urgently, let me know.

Yes, this would be very nice (my current cocoon-app depends on this
feature).

thanks,
Frank

Re: @bruno - woody - question

Posted by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>.
On Wed, 2003-05-21 at 13:55, Frank Taffelt wrote:
> [...]

Actually, this is the normal behaviour. The previous Woody didn't cache
its form definitions while now they are cached. Supporting non-static
selection lists still needs to be implemented.

If you need a work-around for this urgently, let me know.

Re: @bruno - woody - question