Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Mahender Sarangam <Ma...@outlook.com> on 2017/01/02 22:16:08 UTC

Head Node with More Memory and less number cores

Hi,

I have question around cluster configuration, Is there any benefit of
having Head node with more memory and less number of Cores. I have Data
Nodes of Size 10 Nodes each of 4 Core and 14 GB RAM. Can any one throw
me some light of having Head node with Big Memory. How exactly Head Node
memory is indirectly responsible for Cluster Node Size.Will there be any
performance improvement (I don't think so) or any resource outage issues
get resolved by having more memory in head node.

Thnks,

Mahender