Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by David '-1' Schmid <gd...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/14 05:59:29 UTC

Graph/Stream requestHandlers in standalone

Hello!

I'm interested in using the graph traversal streaming expressions.
My solr instance is running in standalone (not SolrCloud) mode, so I'm
missing the "Stream" interface on the admin pages. The request handler
is there (I guess because it's implicit), but no UI.

Is the streaming something that's only useful with -cloud? I could not
find any information about it.

I expected the graph requestHandler to work as well, but it defaults
to a NullPointerException.
When I'm using the stream interface with the first example from the
guide, I get:

org.apache.solr.common.SolrException:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: A HostProvider may not be empty!

Which leads me to believe, that this is only possible with -cloud?
I could not find anything about it, could anybody point out what I'm
missing here?

regards,
David

Re: Graph/Stream requestHandlers in standalone

Posted by Joel Bernstein <jo...@gmail.com>.
Currently Streaming Expressions only work with Solr Cloud. This is because
Streaming Expressions were designed to use Solr Cloud features for all
distributed capabilites of the language.

Joel Bernstein
http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/