Posted to kandula-dev@ws.apache.org by An...@cognizant.com on 2008/08/04 09:00:47 UTC

Kandula (Client) -- IBM 6.0.2.9 (Web service)

Hi Dasarath,

Now using the refresh pack of IBM Websphere Application Server 6.0.2.9,
the web service transaction framework of which supports the usage of
CoordinationContext element (as per standards)  and not
CoordinationContextType.

But while using a Kandula Client (using Axis 1.4 on Tomcat) which
invokes the web service within the transactional context as per below:

                                DBUpdateService db = new
DBUpdateServiceLocator();

                                DBUpdate invoke = db.getDBUpdate();

                                TransactionManagerImpl tm =
TransactionManagerImpl.getInstance();

                                try

                                {

                                                tm.begin();

invoke.insertTestOne(1,"anshuk");

                                                tm.commit();

                                }

                                catch(RemoteException re)

                                {

                                                tm.rollback();

                                }

The DBUpdate, DBUpdateService are the stubs generated from the IBM Web
Service WSDL using axis WSDL2Java.

Now the problem is the records are not getting inserted in the database,
and when I checked in the server (WAS) logs, there was an error.

"An illegal attempt to commit a one phase capable resource in a
subordinate transaction branch has occurred."

Is this some kind of an error/ bug from IBM or anything else needs to
configures from the IBM? Did you face any similar kind of issue earlier?

Please let me know for any workarounds.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,

Anshuk Pal Chaudhuri

Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.

Re: Kandula (Client) -- IBM 6.0.2.9 (Web service)

Posted by Dasarath Weeratunge <dw...@purdue.edu>.
Quoting Anshuk.PalChaudhuri@cognizant.com:

Anshuk,

Are you using any particular database system like MySQL, MSFT SQL Server etc.?
Some DBMSs don't support 2 phase commit protocol, at least that was the
situation back in 2005. I know that SQL Server does but don't know about
the others. You can check the DBMS/documentation. You need a DBMS that
supports the 2 phase commit protocol for this job.

Thanks,
-- dasarath