Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Tribon Cheng <tr...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/06 11:06:20 UTC

A question about felix karaf and Spring DM

I just want to find a OSGI runtime framework which can provide well
management, hot deploy, log config and so on.

So karaf is a good candidate. But for the blueprint implement, I'd perfer to
choose SpringDM to obtain more features of Spring.

The problem is that karaf contains the geronimal blueprint implementation
and Karaf-Shell,Karaf-JAAS have strong* dependencies *
**
*on it, if i install another blueprint implementation like SpringDm,  the
blueprint config file will be parsed twice, once by*
**
*geronimal and the other by springdm.*
**
*can someone give me some suggestions, thanks a lot.*

--
Contribute to Enterprise Integration

Re: A question about felix karaf and Spring DM

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 07:19, Tribon Cheng <tr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi ,Guillaume, My target is to use only one BP implementation in karaf, and
> unfortunately i choose the springdm which
>
> is not used by karaf now, I need BP implementation to be exclusive in one
> container because i don't want one serivce to
>
> be registered twice.

Note that if both blueprint implementations do export the api and if all the
blueprint bundles
do import the api package as suggested by the spec, running two blueprint
implementations
should be fine (without the bundles being extended twice),

> Looking inside the karaf related module, i found there were several places
> where karaf denpended on gerinimo BPIMP tightly:
>
> 1) As you said there are two NamespaceHandlers which implement gerinimo's
> NamespaceHandler
>
> 2) The ext
> namespace(org.apache.geronimo.blueprint.ext.ExtNamespaceHandler) such as
> "property-placeholder" which is used by karaf-shell-console and
> karaf-admin,
> maybe by more other models.
>

> Maybe i can provide NamespaceHander based on springdm for above gerinimo
> specific namespace handlers , but it's not a
>
> nice way. I don't catch your mind to provide a neutral way. neutral proxy
> NamespaceHandler implementation or neutral namespace
>
> declaration instead of existed ones?

What I think is about having the same xml schema being supported by two
custom namespace
handlers: one for geronimo / aries blueprint, one for spring-dm.  We
obviously have the implementations
for geronimo / aries and we can dig those for spring-dm from an earlier
version:
   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/servicemix/smx4/kernel/tags/kernel-1.1.0

This way, we could switch easily between implementations based on user need,
same as
we do between equinox and felix.

That would work for our custom namespaces (the two ones)  we define in
karaf.

For the ext and cm namespaces, what I would propose is to create a new
namespace in karaf
with would be implemented for geronimo/blueprint and spring-dm, the same way
we do for the
jaas and shell namespaces.  So we'd have two additional namespaces specific
to karaf.

Posted by Tribon Cheng <tr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tribon Cheng <tr...@gmail.com>.

--
Contribute to Enterprise Integration

Re: Re: A question about felix karaf and Spring DM

Posted by Tribon Cheng <tr...@gmail.com>.
thanks a lot for your help, Guillaume

I think i has understood your mind now, I will provide two different
NamespaceHandlers, one for spring-dm and one for geronimo, according to the
same xsd file.

But there are still some problems, the geronimo has a blueprint_ext.xsd
while the springdm provides the property_placeholder with
Spring_context.xsd, the two element definations are not equivalent, i will
provide a new schema file which is the intersection of the two old ones.

After i finish these schema files and namespaceHandlers, I plan to zip them
as bundles respectively, and acting as a fragment, seting host-bundle to
geronimo_bp.jar or spring-osgi-core.jar while we need switch between the two
BP implementation. Because the custom namespace Handler for geronimo need to
be registered as an service in OSGI-INF/*.xml, and springdm's need to be
registered in spring.schema as well as spring.handler. is this ok? or do you
have any suggestions?

thanks!
best regards!

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tribon Cheng <tr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tribon Cheng <tr...@gmail.com>.
I just want to find a OSGI runtime framework which can provide well
management, hot deploy, log config and so on.

So karaf is a good candidate. But for the blueprint implement, I'd perfer to
choose SpringDM to obtain more features of Spring.

The problem is that karaf contains the geronimo blueprint implementation and
Karaf-Shell,Karaf-JAAS have strong* dependencies *
**
*on it, I can't remove it from karaf container, **if i install another
blueprint implementation like SpringDm,  the blueprint *
**
*config file will be parsed twice, once by **geronimo and the other by
springdm.*
**