Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Nick Kew <ni...@apache.org> on 2017/06/12 19:53:02 UTC

Release Notes

Bill has just pinged me on IRC, and suggested I should
draw everyone's attention to it, in case folks have
missed it.

I wrote a brief RELEASE_NOTES at the time I rolled the
1.6.1 tarball.  It's in svn at /dev/dist/ along with
the tarballs we've just voted to release.

Review and improvement welcome.

--
Nick Kew

Re: Release Notes

Posted by William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 2:53 PM, Nick Kew <ni...@apache.org> wrote:
> Bill has just pinged me on IRC, and suggested I should
> draw everyone's attention to it, in case folks have
> missed it.
>
> I wrote a brief RELEASE_NOTES at the time I rolled the
> 1.6.1 tarball.  It's in svn at /dev/dist/ along with
> the tarballs we've just voted to release.
>
> Review and improvement welcome.

I made a few edits, mostly declaring compatibility as a fact,
and found the new home for libexpat at https://libexpat.github.io/
(it seems their SF transition is essentially complete.)

Thanks, good write up!