Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org> on 2014/08/01 09:42:37 UTC

Feedback on first release candidate artifacts (0.6-incubating)

Hi,

I have created artifacts for our first release within Apache.
I don't want to call an official vote on these artifacts since I did not
really check them myself (I'm a bit in a hurry right now)

Artifacts:
http://people.apache.org/~rmetzger/0.6-incubating-rc1/

Maven Staging Repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1000

Release Branch:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-flink.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/release-0.6

Please give feedback if you found any issues.
I will check the files myself later today and once I'm satisfied, I'll
start the vote.

Best,
Robert

Re: Feedback on first release candidate artifacts (0.6-incubating)

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.
Thanks Henry for your comments. I do in general agree that slim notice
files are nicer, but I am thoroughly confused what counts are which
distribution (src, bin, is maven src or bin, where do re-bundlers find the
notices to include, etc) and the Apache guide did not make it clearer for
me.

If you think that we can start with the fat notice file (being safe) and
"thin it out" later (once we figured the right way out), it would be a
great way to go, in my opinion.

It would help us to not loose to much time on that issue and get the first
version released.

Any objections?

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.
I've fixed the little issue I've mentioned with the web interface.

Regarding the copyright notices, I've created a pull request to put my
understanding of the licensing guide up for discussion:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-flink/pull/89 (pls see the description
of the PR).

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
For change log we could just use Jira report for this release. More
elaborate way we could use Git history but I think using Jira will allow us
to be more discipline to track issues

Date:<unknown>)

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.