Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by tim fulcher <fu...@drink.bt.co.uk> on 2001/02/05 17:11:55 UTC

Extending the FancyIndexing description text ?

Hi,

Could somebody give me a pointer in the right direction for
manipulating  the contents of index pages.
I need a way to insert an href under the description column for each
file in a directory, which is a link to an RDF search facility I'm
creating, e.g.

File            Description
----            -----------
foo.doc    <a href='/perl/rdfsearch.pl/projects/docs/foo.doc'>Resource
info</a>
bar.html  <a href='/perl/rdfsearch.pl/projects/docs/bar.html'>Resource
info</a>

I need to pass in the search script the resource in question - via
path_info seems easiest. I want the rest of the page to be the same as
usual, with the icons mapped to file extensions/mime types  etc.

Before I jump in at the deep end has anybody done this kind of thing
before... I took a quick look at Apache::AutoIndex but I couldn't see a
way to add extra text for each entry in the directory. The alternative
is to code a handler from scratch but it seems a shame when 90% of what
I want is already provided.

cheers

Tim Fulcher