Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/17 14:40:02 UTC

Fwd: Submit ICLA by yew1eb

Hi Folks,

This icla was processed on March 15, 2019 by Matt Sicker. The documents/iclas entry was made, the officers/iclas.txt was updated, but I cannot find any record of the email being sent.

Can someone look at whether the email was sent and if not, why not?

Thanks,

Craig

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: Hai Zhou <ye...@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: Submit ICLA by yew1eb
> Date: March 17, 2019 at 12:46:40 AM PDT
> To: secretary@apache.org
>
> ping
>
> Hai Zhou <yew1eb@gmail.com <ma...@gmail.com>> 于2019年3月15日周五 下午12:09写道:

Craig L Russell
Secretary, Apache Software Foundation
clr@apache.org <ma...@apache.org> http://db.apache.org/jdo <http://db.apache.org/jdo>

Re: Submit ICLA by yew1eb

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, 17 Mar 2019 at 22:07, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 17 Mar 2019 at 14:49, Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Folks,
> >
> > This icla was processed on March 15, 2019 by Matt Sicker. The documents/iclas entry was made, the officers/iclas.txt was updated, but I cannot find any record of the email being sent.
>
> > Can someone look at whether the email was sent and if not, why not?
>
> Infra had to do a hard reset on Whimsy that day.
> Unfortunately when it came up, it did not have the correct hostname initially.
> As a result, it did not think it was the master.
> This meant that it would not send emails for public*.json updates.
>
> AFAIK that setting does not affect other email sending.
>
> A reboot at 2019-03-15 15:52:45 fixed the hostname/master issue.
>
> However it is possible that the incorrect hostname caused other
> problems sending email.
> I'm looking into logs around that time.

The log shows an email from Matt to (sec@ and the OP) at around 15:25
failed delivery.
According to the log, the bounce was sent to him, but maybe he did not
receive it.
There don't seem to be any additional details as to why delivery
failed, but it's possible I'm looking in the wrong place
(I tried /var/log/mail.log and /var/log/syslog; they both show the
same mail messages)

Re: Submit ICLA by yew1eb

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.