Posted to dev@hama.apache.org by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org> on 2015/06/04 01:08:58 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Hama 0.7 release (RC1)

Hey all,

I just created a first release candidate for the Apache Hama 0.7
release. This release includes new features such as Mesos, Yarn
modules and many improvements/bug fixes.

The RC1 is available at:

http://people.apache.org/~edwardyoon/dist/0.7.0-RC1/

Tags:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hama/tags/0.7.0-RC1/

Please try it, run the tests, verify checksum files, etc. and vote.

Thanks!

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon

Re: [VOTE] Apache Hama 0.7 release (RC1)

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
> run Hama with Hadoop 2.7.x, is that correct ?

Yes, right. As JĂșlio Pires mentioned before, hadoop 2.7.0 works with
JDK 7+ only. Since important new feature of this release is supporting
YARN and Mesos, I think we have to support latest hadoop.

> I am fine with that as Java 6 has long gone EOL, but let's make a conscious decision on that (maybe worth a vote).

Agree with you. I'll open the vote first.

Thanks Tommaso!

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.