Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Martin Perez <mp...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/09 14:35:07 UTC

Shock. Simple queries don't run with current build.

Well, I'm really shocked!

Just now I downloaded jackrabbit SVN sources trying to solve the problem I
explained in my last email. Well, now, I have lost 4 hours more with another
bug related with the current project SVN state.

Could some explain me why this **simple queries**:

//element(*,my:type)
//element(*,my:type)[@my:property='foo']
//*[@jcr:primaryType='my:type' and @my:property='foo']

work fine and return results with a version from a month ago and **DO NOT
WORK** (do not return results) with the current SVN version.

Sorry for the tone, but I really have lost a lot of time today :(

Martin

Re: Shock. Simple queries don't run with current build.

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net>.
well, I was hoping the links I provided would explain what needs to be
done. http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-257 contains some sort of
'migration instructions'. Is there anything more specific you are
looking for?

> The fact is that if I did a //* search and then check
> node.isNodeType("my:type"), I could find what I was looking for, but
> doing //element(*,my:type) directly did not return nothing.

yes, there's a little magic behind that use case ;)

the query '//*' gets a special treatment because this can be seen as a
workspace traversal and does not need any index lookup whatsoever.
See: [1]

regards
  marcel

[1]