Posted to user@storm.apache.org by "Naaman, Yoav" <Yo...@2bprecisehealth.com> on 2021/03/22 08:39:14 UTC

RE: Apache Storm Java 11 ++ support

Hi,
My team and I, we are heavy Storm users developing in Java 8.
We would like to upgrade our solution to Java 11. My question is does Strom 2.2 officially supports Java 11?

Thanks
Yoav Naaman
Team Leader, 2bPrecise
IL: +972.50.6882.962
2bPreciseHealth.com

It's Time 2bPrecise

Re: Apache Storm Java 11 ++ support

Posted by Stig Rohde Døssing <st...@gmail.com>.
As far as I know, most of Storm will run on Java 11, except for some
specific modules that have dependencies incompatible with Java 11.

See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-2798

When I left off working on that ticket, we were blocked by the dependencies
(e.g. Cassandra) not supporting Java 11. That was something like 18 months
ago, so you could likely finish up support for Java 11 for the remaining
modules by upgrading the relevant dependencies (see the linked issues from
the ticket).

Posted by Jonas Krauss <jk...@gmail.com>.
Hi Yoav,