Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Liz Kim <li...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/09 02:04:07 UTC

[users@httpd] Domain OR Password Protection???

Could I have a domain protection and a password protection on a directory
with Apache?
BUT!! NOT require both but just one?

Details..

I have a directory which is domain protected.
When a user from an unapporved domain tried to access the directory he will
recieve a 403 error.
At this exact moment - ONLY when they are not on an approved domain, a
login/password window pop up.
If they have the correct login/password then they gain access to the
directory.

I can't have login/password for all times. Just when they try to access from
an un-apporved domain...

ANY IDEAS?
Is this possible??

Thank you!!

Re: [users@httpd] Domain OR Password Protection???

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 11/8/06, Liz Kim <li...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Could I have a domain protection and a password protection on a directory
> with Apache?
> BUT!! NOT require both but just one?
>
> Details..
>
> I have a directory which is domain protected.
> When a user from an unapporved domain tried to access the directory he will
> recieve a 403 error.
> At this exact moment - ONLY when they are not on an approved domain, a
> login/password window pop up.
> If they have the correct login/password then they gain access to the
> directory.
>
> I can't have login/password for all times. Just when they try to access from
> an un-apporved domain...
>
> ANY IDEAS?
> Is this possible??

http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/Recipes/BypassAuthenticationOrAuthorizationRequirements