Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/03 06:47:19 UTC

Publishing schemas

I added a section on publishing schemas to the development procedures.

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Development+Procedures

Looking in /www/maven.apache.org on minotaur, what module does
maven-navigation-1.0.xsd come from?  (Is this for site.xml?)

Can we change the filename to maven-navigation-v1_0.xsd so it matches
the others (such as maven-v4_0_0.xsd) ?

I also published settings-v1_0_0.xsd, from components/maven-settings,
because it was there. :)  Let me know if I shouldn't have.

--
Wendy

Re: Publishing schemas

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 11/3/06, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 04/11/2006, at 1:29 AM, Wendy Smoak wrote:

> > I found .../xsd after I wrote the original note.  If that's the
> > correct place, then we can remove the ones directly under
> > /www/maven.apache.org and add links to the actual files in .../xsd.
>
> Sounds like a good idea. Redirects might be better too.

My only concern with redirects is whether validating editors (like
JEdit) will be able to follow them.  If so I'd agree that a permanent
redirect would be better.

> > What about filename conventions?  Only 'maven' uses the
> > v-and-underscores bit, (maven-v4_0_0.xsd) everything else is 'as
> > generated', such as settings-1.0.0.xsd .
>
> I prefer the latter.

Okay, I updated the instructions again
   http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Development+Procedures

and published the v4 schema to
   http://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-4.0.0.xsd

If this is to be the official location and filename, we should change
the Maven poms and examples.

--
Wendy

Re: Publishing schemas

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
On 04/11/2006, at 1:29 AM, Wendy Smoak wrote:

> On 11/2/06, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> The navigation one comes from Maven 1.0.
>>
>> It's time we start getting these consistent:
>> - deploy all the new ones to /xsd/
>> - actually change the version when we change the file :)
>
> I found .../xsd after I wrote the original note.  If that's the
> correct place, then we can remove the ones directly under
> /www/maven.apache.org and add links to the actual files in .../xsd.

Sounds like a good idea. Redirects might be better too.

> I removed the 'settings' schema that I published, since there is on
> one already in xsd/

Cool

Re: Publishing schemas

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Re: Publishing schemas

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
The navigation one comes from Maven 1.0.

It's time we start getting these consistent:
- deploy all the new ones to /xsd/
- actually change the version when we change the file :)

Cheers,
Brett