Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Mark Papiani <mp...@hotmail.com> on 2001/05/23 17:35:10 UTC

/files/files directory and namespaces

Hi,

I just got Slide running with the FileContentStore. When I connect a client
(DreamWeaver, DavExplorer, Web Folders) files get created in

{directory where tomcat is started}/files/files/

Is this as expected?

I can find 2 mentions of /files in Domain.xml see below. Does the first
mention: <contentstore
classname="slidestore.reference.FileContentStore"><parameter
name="rootpath">files</parameter>

cause the files directory to be created when the servlet starts up? Why is
files/files created?

Is this because the second mention of files <objectnodev ... creates a node
(resource) off files during bootstrap?

Is the rootpath files also a resource?

Also how does this relate to the <namespace name="webdav"> tag?
I take it that the name for a namespace is not the root, i.e. does not
prefix the name of other nodes?

Thanks,
Mark
----

Domain.xml

        <contentstore classname="slidestore.reference.FileContentStore">
          <parameter name="rootpath">files</parameter>
        </contentstore>

        <objectnode classname="org.apache.slide.structure.SubjectNode"
         uri="/files">

          <permission action="/actions/manage" subject="/users/john"/>
          <permission action="/actions/write" subject="+/users/groupA"/>
          <permission action="/actions/read" subject="nobody"/>

        </objectnode>