Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Timothy J Brown <tb...@earthlink.net> on 2006/11/07 18:27:05 UTC

ResourceAllocationException Trying to login into repository using JCA

Hello,

I am getting close to accessing Jackrabbit from Weblogic, however, I am
running into the following error:

Trying to login into the repo and get a jcr session ------

<Nov 7, 2006 11:59:27 AM EST> <Warning> <Connector> <BEA-190032> <<
jackrabbit >

ResourceAllocationException thrown by resource adapter on call to
ManagedConnectionFactory.createManagedConnection():

"javax.resource.spi.ResourceAdapterInternalException: Failed to create
managed connection:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No Configuration was registered that can
handle the configuration named Jackrabbit ">

No Configuration was registered that can handle the configuration named
JackrabbIt

It appears that I am able to get the jackrabbit handle, but I cannot log
into the repository and get this error.

Does anyone have an example that shows how to connect to a jackrabbit
resource adapter?

Thanks,

Tim

Re: ResourceAllocationException Trying to login into repository using JCA

Posted by Tuna <tu...@yahoo.com>.
Edgar,

Can I take you up on that offer to put the rar/war file on a public webserver?

I am getting a similar error when I tried to deploy jackrabbit to weblogic:

<Dec 1, 2006 10:52:36 AM EST> <Warning> <Connector> <BEA-190032> <<jackrabbit >
ResourceAllocationException thrown by resource adapter on call to
ManagedConnectionFactory.createManagedConnection():
"javax.resource.spi.ResourceAdapterInternalException: Failed to create managed
connection: java.lang.NullPointerException

I've have weblogic-ra.xml in the rar file, but can figure out why there's a
NullPointerException.

Thanks,
Tuna

Re: ResourceAllocationException Trying to login into repository using JCA

Posted by Edgar Poce <ed...@gmail.com>.
Hi tim,

 The client code shouldn't be aware of the JCA code, you should be
able to connect to jackrabbit with the following code:

repo = (Repository)ctx.lookup("jackrabbit");
Session session = repo.login([credentials]);

Remember to put the weblogic descriptor inside the rar file
(META-INF/weblogic-ra.xml) to make it work.
download it from
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/jackrabbit/trunk/jca/deploy/weblogic/weblogic-ra.xml?revision=448000&view=markup

In case it doesn't work let me know and I'll put the the rar file and
a client war in a public web server for you to download.

br,
edgar