Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/24 10:04:49 UTC

How to create teams

When I look at the party module I have following options:

   - Create New Party
Group<https://localhost:8443/partymgr/control/editpartygroup?create_new=Y>
   - Create New
Person<https://localhost:8443/partymgr/control/editperson?create_new=Y>
   - Create Customer <https://localhost:8443/partymgr/control/NewCustomer>
   - Create Prospect <https://localhost:8443/partymgr/control/NewProspect>
   - Create Employee <https://localhost:8443/partymgr/control/NewEmployee>

But where do I create teams?

And how should I see the 'Create Prospect' function?

Regards,

Pierre

Re: How to create teams

Posted by Vikas Mayur <vi...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
inline.

On Nov 24, 2008, at 2:34 PM, Pierre Smits wrote:

> When I look at the party module I have following options:
>
>   - Create New Party
> Group<https://localhost:8443/partymgr/control/editpartygroup?create_new=Y
> >
>   - Create New
> Person<https://localhost:8443/partymgr/control/editperson?
> create_new=Y>
>   - Create Customer <https://localhost:8443/partymgr/control/NewCustomer
> >
>   - Create Prospect <https://localhost:8443/partymgr/control/NewProspect
> >
>   - Create Employee <https://localhost:8443/partymgr/control/NewEmployee
> >

> But where do I create teams?

You first create an employee (party) from partymgr or humanres then
you can create teams using projectmgr (I think so).

> And how should I see the 'Create Prospect' function?

Prospect is any party that you think of and has  a possibility of
becoming let says an employee in future.

Re: How to create teams

Posted by Vikas Mayur <vi...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
On Nov 24, 2008, at 3:17 PM, Pierre Smits wrote:

> Jacques, Vikas,
>
> Thanks for your elaboration.
>
> I knew already that a team is an informal group of persons, other
> than a
> projectorganisation.
>
> In the project module there is no function to create teams. Unless
> the team
> is created when resources are added to the project. But I haven't
> tested
> that yet.
>
> Let's say that I wanted to create a team of account managers that
> form a
> client team for a group of companies.... How do I do that then?

  I guess this is from project perspective? If yes, I do only see the
resources stuff in projectmgr. I do not have much idea about this
functionality in detail but
if it is project manager specific then Hans would be the best person
to answer your question.

Vikas

Re: How to create teams

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
just to clarify
are you looking for a step(s) to create a team that refer to a team?
a team is made up of a party group which the partyID of person are assigned.
Then the roles are assigned to the party group so the parties are
assigned  inherit those roles.

I don't know that any UI is created to do this yet.

Pierre Smits sent the following on 11/24/2008 1:47 AM:

Re: How to create teams

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Jacques, Vikas,

Re: How to create teams