Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.INVALID> on 2016/09/09 18:52:05 UTC

plans and thoughts for reworking PCEnhancer

hi!

I analyzed the whole Serp stuff for the last week. It’s pretty spread across our code base.
I already removed all the utility method calls and now only pure bytecode is left.

What do you think about the following plan:

* copy the current PCEnhancer class to e.g. PCEnhancerSerp
* move PCEnhancer to be an interface
* de-tangle the implementation and only use the interface
* Introduce a method OpenJpaConfiguration#getPCEnhancerInstance()
* add a PCEnhancerAsm as alternative to PCEnhancerSerp
* remove PCEnhancerSerp.

Not sure if I’ll succeed, but that is my plan for now.
Any objection and better idea?

LieGrue,
strub

Re: plans and thoughts for reworking PCEnhancer

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
Il 9 settembre 2016 20:52:05 CEST, Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.INVALID> ha scritto:
>hi!
>
>I analyzed the whole Serp stuff for the last week. It\u2019s pretty spread
>across our code base.
>I already removed all the utility method calls and now only pure
>bytecode is left.
>
>What do you think about the following plan:
>
>* copy the current PCEnhancer class to e.g. PCEnhancerSerp
>* move PCEnhancer to be an interface
>* de-tangle the implementation and only use the interface
>* Introduce a method OpenJpaConfiguration#getPCEnhancerInstance()
>* add a PCEnhancerAsm as alternative to PCEnhancerSerp
>* remove PCEnhancerSerp.
>
>Not sure if I\u2019ll succeed, but that is my plan for now.
>Any objection and better idea?
>
>LieGrue,
>strub

Sounds good, please go ahead!

Regards.
--
Francesco Chicchiricc�

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

member, Syncope PMC chair, Cocoon PMC, Olingo PMC,
CXF Committer, OpenJPA Committer
http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Re: plans and thoughts for reworking PCEnhancer

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
+1