Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Kristofer Eriksson <Kr...@techmar.de> on 2004/08/05 17:25:05 UTC

[Jelly] Funny behaviour when throwing exception in doTag()

Hi,

Would be great if someone could shed some light on this one!

When using the commons-jelly-1.0-beta-3 I was able to successfully use an
exception to halt a script execution, and return to my code with the context
updated (variables) by the tags being executed up until the exception was
thrown.

With the latest build (beta-4 snapshot), it is still of course possible to
throw the exception and halt the exec, but with the funny result that
although tags are being executed, adding and updating variables etc, the
return context is not containing any of those changes.

I can see the changes being done to the code base, with a JellyTagException
being thrown instead of a Exception in doTag(), and the TagScript class
being changed, but cant find the reason for this behavior.

I have implemented a small flow engine based on Jelly and am using the
functionality of halting the exec of a script by throwing an exception in
several ways, so it is kind of important for me.

Any feedback here would be appreciated

Kristofer Eriksson