Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <ja...@takari.io> on 2014/01/19 19:36:04 UTC

MNG-1911 -- Close as won't fix

I don't think there are really any valid use cases for trying to build an extension where it is used in the same reactor. Extensions really need to be present before the reactor starts and trying to do this is a contortion I really don't want to support.

I would like to close this as won't fix. Anyone object?

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

We know what we are, but know not what we may be.

  -- Shakespeare

Re: MNG-1911 -- Close as won't fix

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
How about asking also asking this question: should all the function
currently in packaging need to be extensions? What users want is to
define certain kinds of things as one big build.

Re: MNG-1911 -- Close as won't fix

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@takari.io>.

Re: MNG-1911 -- Close as won't fix

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.

Re: MNG-1911 -- Close as won't fix

Posted by Milos Kleint <mk...@gmail.com>.

Re: MNG-1911 -- Close as won't fix

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@takari.io>.

Re: MNG-1911 -- Close as won't fix

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.

Re: MNG-1911 -- Close as won't fix

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@takari.io>.

Re: MNG-1911 -- Close as won't fix

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.

--
Sent from my phone

Re: MNG-1911 -- Close as won't fix

Posted by Milos Kleint <mk...@gmail.com>.
no, quite the opposite, I will applaud the decision :)

Milos