Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by sravankumarv <sr...@virtusa.com> on 2012/10/01 08:21:59 UTC

CXF - Google protocol buffer - Version compatability

Hi,
Im new to google developer tools.

In the user guide(http://code.google.com/p/cxf-protobuf/wiki/UsersGuide),  I
have seen the CXF as 2.2 which is very old release, Can any one please
suggest the latest  releases(for below) which are compatible.
1. cxf-protobuf
2. CXF
3. Protobuf-java

Many thanks in advance.

Regards
Sravan

Re: CXF - Google protocol buffer - Version compatability

Posted by Glen Mazza <gm...@talend.com>.
This is the first I've heard of cxf-protobuf, it looks like that project
has gone dormant (and you might therefore wish to be careful about
relying on it).  There are several architectural changes between 2.2.x
and present release 2.6.x.:
http://cxf.apache.org/docs/migration-guides.html. You might just want to
use CXF directly (
http://www.jroller.com/gmazza/entry/blog_article_index) for whatever
you're trying to do.

Glen

On 10/01/2012 02:21 AM, sravankumarv wrote:
> Hi,
> Im new to google developer tools.
>
> In the user guide(http://code.google.com/p/cxf-protobuf/wiki/UsersGuide),  I
> have seen the CXF as 2.2 which is very old release, Can any one please
> suggest the latest  releases(for below) which are compatible.
> 1. cxf-protobuf
> 2. CXF
> 3. Protobuf-java
>
> Many thanks in advance.