Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Kang Minwoo <mi...@outlook.com> on 2019/05/29 04:39:05 UTC

Disk hot swap for data node while hbase use short-circuit

Hello, Users.

I use JBOD for data node. Some times the disk in the data node has a problem.

The first time, I shut down all instance include data node and region server in the machine that has a disk problem.
But It is not a good solution. So I improve the process.

When I detect disk problem in the server. I just perform disk hot swap.

But System administrator complains of some FD that still open so they cannot remove the disk.
Regionserver has an FD, I use short circuit reads feature. (HBase version 1.2.9)

When we first met this issue, we force unmount disk and remount.
But after this process, kernel report error[1].

So we avoid this issue. purge stale FD.

I think this issue is common.
I want to know how hbase-users deal with this issue.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience.

Best regards,
Minwoo Kang

[1]: https://www.thegeekdiary.com/xfs_log_force-error-5-returned-xfs-error-centos-rhel-7/

Re: Disk hot swap for data node while hbase use short-circuit

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.
Reminds me of https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-21915 too.
Agree with Wei-Chiu that I'd start by ruling out HDFS issues first, and
then start worrying about HBase issues :)

Posted by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Kang Minwoo <mi...@outlook.com>.

Posted by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.