Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by satyajit vegesna <sa...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/08 19:49:31 UTC

Way to check if custom SMT has been added to the classpath or even if it i working.

Hi All,

i have created a custom SMT and have deployed.
I would like to know if there is a way to check if the transform is working
or not.(def not working as the messages are not getting transformed)

I am also trying to remote debug using intellij and nothing seam working,
as i do not see any control hitting the debug points.

When i check the connector list using , curl localhost:8083/connector-plugins
, i see all other connector plugins but not the SMT related ones.

Regards.

Re: Way to check if custom SMT has been added to the classpath or even if it i working.

Posted by Konstantine Karantasis <ko...@confluent.io>.
Hi,

connector-plugins endpoint does not list the transformations classes
currently. However if you are using the latest Kafka version ( >= 0.11.0)
one way to see if your transform is discovered during startup in the given
classpath is to notice whether a log message such as the one below is
printed:

[2017-08-14 17:35:08,625] INFO Added plugin
'org.apache.kafka.connect.transforms.TimestampRouter'
(org.apache.kafka.connect.runtime.isolation.DelegatingClassLoader:132)

With respect to debugging efforts around the places where transformations
are called, two such places are the methods:
WorkerSinkTask.convertMessages and WorkerSourceTask.sendRecords() depending
on whether your transformation is configured to be applied with a Sink or a
Source connector respectively.

Konstantine.

Posted by Konstantine Karantasis <ko...@confluent.io>.
Hi,