Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Haisheng Yuan <hy...@apache.org> on 2021/01/12 22:01:02 UTC

[DISCUSS] Draft board report for Jan 2021

Attached below is a draft of this month's board report. I plan to submit it on
Jan 13 (Sorry for the late email). Please let me know if you have any additions or corrections.

Apache Calcite is a highly customizable framework for parsing and planning
queries on data in a wide variety of formats. It allows database-like access,
and in particular a SQL interface and advanced query optimization, for data not
residing in a traditional database.

Avatica is a sub-project within Calcite and provides a framework for building
local and remote JDBC and ODBC database drivers. Avatica has an independent
release schedule and its own repository.

## Issues:
There are no issues requiring board attention.

## Membership Data:
There are currently 51 committers and 23 PMC members in
this project.  The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 7:3.
No new committers or PMC members were added in the last 3 months.

## Project Activity:
Calcite 1.26.0 was released on 2020-10-06, with important features such as
supporting SEARCH operator and Sarg literal, adding PIVOT operator in SQL,
adding support for JDK 15 and Guava version 29.0-jre.

On Jan 20th, there will be online meetup for Calcite community with
presentations covering Calcite concepts, recent work on streams, spatial query
implementation.

## Community Health:
The overall activity in the community has slightly decreased in the past few
months without this being worrisome.

153 JIRA tickets created and 94 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3
months, 20% decrease comparing with last quarter.

The fewer number of design discussions and JIRA activities can be explained by
the holiday season and low number of active committers.

Re: [DISCUSS] Draft board report for Jan 2021

Posted by Rui Wang <am...@apache.org>.
This draft looks good overall! Thanks Haisheng for your work!

-Rui

Posted by Haisheng Yuan <hy...@apache.org>.
Stamatis,

Posted by Stamatis Zampetakis <za...@gmail.com>.