Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Cyril Vieville <Cy...@ebuilder.se> on 2009/10/03 17:33:44 UTC

[users@httpd] RE: Configuration Apache for multiple wars on Tomcat with multiple domains

>Hello Cyril,

>Take a look at virtual host on tomcat:
>http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/virtual-hosting-howto.html

>I think that it is what you where searching for.

>Also remember to have the right virtual host on apache to the right
>worker.

>Cheers,

>Martin

Hello Martin,

Thank you for your answer. I can solve the multiple "/" context but my problem is how to connect an apache virtual host to a tomcat virtual host with mod_jk so ?
I can´t define the domain on Tomcat because our architecture is a Load Balancer providing queries to 2 apache servers that load balance after to a jboss (so tomcat webserver) cluster so the domain is defined on both of Apache servers. It´s my real problem because maybe there is a way finally to connect an apache virtual host to a specific war on the tomcat server, no ?

So to make it simple, I want the visitor to go on http://war1.mydomain.com (the ip of mydomain.com is on the load balancer that will redirect to the apache cluster that will redirect to the tomcat/jboss cluster thanks to mod_jk. The war application can be in a tomcat virtual host or not but I want that the visitor write http://war1.mydomain.com and not http://war1.mydomain.com/war1 ). i know it´s a complicated architecture but we want high availability of our applications.