Posted to dev@knox.apache.org by larry mccay <lm...@apache.org> on 2015/03/22 16:27:05 UTC

[DISCUSS] Release 0.6.0 Branching Time?

All -

We have a number of interesting features in master that enhance the
developer's ability to extend Apache Knox with new routing services, new
identity assertion providers, etc.

We have also accumulated a number of bug fixes from the community that are
greatly appreciated.

I think that we need to start eyeing a release within the next couple weeks
in order to get these features and fixes into the user community.

I propose that we branch for the 0.6.0 release early this week - maybe even
Monday. This will provide us with greater control over what goes out in
0.6.0 and what is more future work that should go into a later release.

Thoughts, concerns?

thanks,

--larry

Re: [DISCUSS] Release 0.6.0 Branching Time?

Posted by larry mccay <la...@gmail.com>.
I have a number of changes in the works that I would like to get in before
we branch because they need to make it into 0.6.0.
I don't think there is any added value in branching at this time.

Unless someone has a strong opinion otherwise - I would like to postpone
branching until they are ready.

Posted by Sumit Gupta <su...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 on branching next week.