Posted to dev@toree.apache.org by Yunli Tang <ta...@us.ibm.com> on 2017/09/28 15:30:04 UTC

Pyspark Support for magic commands

Hi all,

Our team is using apache toree - pyspark. I noticed that the current
version of the pyspark kernel does not have magic commands, in particular
"%matplotlib inline" Will this feature be included in the future? If not,
is there anyway to show the matplotlib graphs in-line in the jupyter
notebook?

Lili

Re: Pyspark Support for magic commands

Posted by Marius van Niekerk <ma...@gmail.com>.
Matplotlib inline in particular is quite tricky, as it it highly coupled
with ipykernel.

It should be feasible using the agg backend and rendering to a png.

On Mon, Oct 2, 2017, 15:08 Yunli Tang <ta...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Our team is using apache toree - pyspark. I noticed that the current
> version of the pyspark kernel does not have magic commands, in particular
> "%matplotlib inline" Will this feature be included in the future? If not,
> is there anyway to show the matplotlib graphs in-line in the jupyter
> notebook?
>
> Lili
>

> --
regards