Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Vikash Kontia <vi...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/29 09:36:10 UTC

Solr terms search vs MySql FULLTEXT index and AGAINST

I am using Solr terms for auto suggest and I have 4 millions document in
index and Its working fine. I want to know which will be more faster and
efficient  from 'MySql FULLTEXT index and AGAINST'  and Solr terms search.
Or Is there any other way in solr for auto suggest. I have separate
application server and solr server. So I cannot cross domain request from
browser at application server for JSON response.
Ref.

http://yuilibrary.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3203