Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Ritz, Martin" <Ma...@ewe.de> on 2008/01/03 15:34:55 UTC

Possibility to bundle a maven project with third party dependencies for transportation

Hello,

i have a multimodule project and i search for a way to make the whole project portable.
I have many third party dependencies in my locale repository which arent available in the remote repository.
So i need a way to identify all dependencies in a project and bundle them in an archive or so to build my project offline at another place.
Can somebody help me or give me a hint in which way i can solve my problem?
Thx.

---
kindly regards
Martin Ritz

mailto:Martin.Ritz@ewe.de

Re: Possibility to bundle a maven project with third party dependencies for transportation

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 3, 2008 7:34 AM, Ritz, Martin <Ma...@ewe.de> wrote:

> i have a multimodule project and i search for a way to make the whole project portable.
> I have many third party dependencies in my locale repository which arent available in the remote repository.
> So i need a way to identify all dependencies in a project and bundle them in an archive or so to build my project offline at another place.
> Can somebody help me or give me a hint in which way i can solve my problem?
> Thx.

You can use the assembly plugin to create a remote repository structure:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/examples/single/using-repositories.html

Because you don't want all of the dependencies, you may need to do
this in a separate module so that you can control what goes into the
created repository.

--
Wendy

AW: Possibility to bundle a maven project with third party dependencies for transportation

Posted by "Ritz, Martin" <Ma...@ewe.de>.
I want to bundle only the third party dependencies. All other available dependencies via maven remote repository shouldn't go into these bundle.

Martin

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.