Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Parvez Shah <pa...@live.com> on 2011/04/25 20:59:26 UTC

newbie question on adoption

We are keen to adopt OSGI for our application, but before I undertake study to implement it would like to validate use of OSGI for this project

Our application will run on cluster tuned for  "high availability"

We will have some Timer based task for background. (Running on cluster)

Application server will be glassfish 3.1

Os will be RHEL.

I am not trying to get my homework done, but what I am asking is ..

Is ok to use OSGI infrastructure,

My timer task becoming OSGI service,

Will they behave properly in cluster environment or we need to take care of them,

Re: newbie question on adoption

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@justinedelson.com>.
This really has nothing to do with OSGi. It's an implementation question about how your timer is implemented.