Posted to dev@serf.apache.org by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/14 05:43:11 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1804671 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/md/mod_md_config.c

[cc: serf]

On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 3:41 AM, Stefan Eissing <
stefan.eissing@greenbytes.de> wrote:

> If you're looking at this anyway, how hard would it be for someone
> knowledgeable to make a md_serf.c as alternative to md_curl.c? ^^

Should be pretty easy, I think. Looking at serf_get.c will give somebody an
easy path to build the alternative:
  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/serf/trunk/test/serf_get.c

There is a lot of stuff in there that isn't applicable, so the core should
be quite small/easy. And it uses APR pools (and whatnot), so the impedance
should be very low.

While I'm busy over in Infra-land, there are other Serf people here and
happy to help. I'll certainly throw in on some reviews, if/when I see the
commits.

And from ASF/Infra side: we'd love to see this code hit a release soon.
We've been very hesitant to use LE in our deployments because the httpd and
puppet config/scripts are quite rough. It doesn't "Just Work". This would
go a long ways towards solving numerous certificate-related issues for us.

Thanks,
-g

Re: svn commit: r1804671 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/md/mod_md_config.c

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.
Oh, I don't know that Infra has any specific request on the restart/update
mechanism. I'd just say: build it how you think best. What would work for
Everybody should work just fine for us.

On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 2:09 AM, Stefan Eissing <

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stefan Eissing <st...@greenbytes.de>.

Posted by Stefan Eissing <st...@greenbytes.de>.