Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Andrew Finnell <an...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/08 20:42:31 UTC

C# Port of ZooKeeper

I am interested in porting ZooKeeper to C#. I am completely aware there are .NET clients to ZooKeeper and ZooKeeper can run as a standalone server.

I am interested in any tools Apache has that would do a partial conversion to start the process. This would be similar to how NHibernate came out from the Hibernate code base.

Is there interest in the community for this being apart of the product, or would it require it's own incubation in Apache if it became viable?

Andrew

Re: C# Port of ZooKeeper

Posted by Andrew Finnell <an...@gmail.com>.
Camille,

I understand the benefits of a heterogenous environment, but if I did not want to run a Java Virtual Machine in my environment I could not use ZooKeeper.

The biggest reason I would want this, is to not have to support a Java Virtual Machine, and to utilize .NET (and Mono) Frameworks ability to create and manage child app domains where ZooKeeper could be a child appdomain.

As it stands there is a good chance I will take what Mr. Hauser has done to ensure it can be put back into the trunk for ZooKeeper.

Andrew

RE: C# Port of ZooKeeper

Posted by "Fournier, Camille F." <Ca...@gs.com>.