Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Vikas Kumar. Sinha" <Vi...@india.trinitybpm.com> on 2005/05/23 13:59:42 UTC

[users@httpd] Problem in authenticating users from multiple OU of windows 2003 Active directory

Hello All

I have successfully configured apache with mod_ldap for authentication from windows 2003 active directory. But I am facing problem in authenticating users from multiple OU.

I have compiled Server version: Apache/2.0.54 static with mod_ldap

 root]# /usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd -l
Compiled in modules:
  core.c
  mod_access.c
  mod_auth.c
  util_ldap.c
  mod_auth_ldap.c .....

 my htpd.conf file has following entry:

         AuthType Basic
         AuthName "Test"
        AuthLDAPURL "myactive directory:389/OU=test1 <ldap://delhifile01.india.trinitybpm.com:389/OU=it> ,DC=mydonain,DC=mycompany,DC=com?sAMAccountName?sub?(objectClass=*)"
        AuthLDAPBindDN cn=test,cn=Users,dc=mydonain,dc=mycompany,dc=com
        AuthLDAPBindPassword xxxxxxxx

it is working fine for all users of test1 OU. But our requirement is to configure this to authenticate users from multiple OU like test1, test2 and .... . all this OU (test1,test2,....) are parent OU.

I tried finding this solution on web but no luck .... please help to configure this.

Regards

Vikas Kumar Sinha

CONFIDENTIALITY AND PRIVILEGE NOTICE

This electronic mail transmission and any attachment may contain
confidential and/or legally privileged information intended for
the named recipient(s) only.  Any review, use, disclosure,
distribution, copying or action regarding the information contained
in this transmission and any attachment by an unnamed recipient is
strictly prohibited.  Also, if you are not a named recipient,
please contact the sender immediately and permanently delete
this transmission and any attachment from your computer system.
Thank you.

Re: [users@httpd] Problem in authenticating users from multiple OU of windows 2003 Active directory

Posted by Robert Zagarello <bz...@yahoo.com>.
Can you try multiple directive blocks, one for each
OU?

BZ

--- "Vikas Kumar. Sinha"

users-help@httpd.apache.org