Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Michael Marshall <mm...@apache.org> on 2022/02/01 04:21:35 UTC

Re: [Discuss] Create new issues to SDKs in different languages

> This google sheet [1] has been already contributed to our community.
> Everyone has access to view and comment on it.

Thank you for clarifying. This google sheet is filled with very
valuable, detailed information!

My thought is that putting the information into a table on the website,
and not just on a Google Sheet referenced by the website, would
simplify access because users would not need to leave the Pulsar
website to view it. It would also let search engines index the pages,
and then the pages could show up search results.

> We're updating the sheet all the time.

If we're still updating the Sheet frequently, I can see that it might
be cumbersome to keep up to date using GitHub. On the other hand, by
putting it in our git repo, it would be easier for anyone to
contribute changes without giving blanket write access to the doc. Git
would also provide a public record of the history of the doc.

> Fixed, PTAL [2]

Thanks for fixing it.

Thanks,
Michael

Posted by Yu <li...@apache.org>.
Hi Michael,

Thanks for your suggestion! We're just back from the Lunar New Year holiday.

> My thought is that putting the information into a table on the website,
and not just on a Google Sheet referenced by the website

Each way has its advantages and limitations, I still prefer to keep the
info in the Google Sheet because:
1) if anyone wants to update the info, since they are pretty
*complicated* tables, it is much more convenient to update the info in
Google Sheet rather than in markdown tables
2) if anyone wants to make comments, it is convenient to leave them in
Google Sheet rather than discussing them anywhere else.

> On the other hand, by
putting it in our git repo, it would be easier for anyone to
contribute changes without giving blanket write access to the doc.

Currently, I'm the only one who update the Matrix frequently. If anyone
would like to contribute together, I can grant access to you. Welcome to
join us.