Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Oded Nissan <pa...@aquanet.co.il> on 2002/04/03 10:17:25 UTC

submitting code to the commons-collections project

Hi,

I have written some classes that I think are useful and I would like to
submit them to your project.

The classes are:

Multihash.java :

This class extends java.util.HashMap and supports binding more than one
value to a single key in the hashtable.
If a key exists in the hashtable the value is added to the list of values
bound to the key.
You can retrieve a single value or the whole list of values from the
Multihash class.
( I saw that you have a Multihash class, but I think mine provides extended
functionality, useful for the MultiProperties class)

MultiProperties.java:

This class extends Multihash and uses it to store property values.
I supports reading properties from a property file where more that one
property is assigned to a key:
key=value1,value2,value3
The values are parsed into a String array and stored in the hashtable.
This class supports the loading and storing of property files with multiple
values.

Please let me know if you guys are interested and how we can proceed, since
I new here.

Thanks

Oded

Re: submitting code to the commons-collections project

Posted by "Michael A. Smith" <ma...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 3 Apr 2002, Oded Nissan wrote:
> The classes are:
>
> Multihash.java :
>
> This class extends java.util.HashMap and supports binding more than one
> value to a single key in the hashtable.
> If a key exists in the hashtable the value is added to the list of values
> bound to the key.
> You can retrieve a single value or the whole list of values from the
> Multihash class.
> ( I saw that you have a Multihash class, but I think mine provides extended
> functionality, useful for the MultiProperties class)

what additional functionality does it provide?

> MultiProperties.java:
>
> This class extends Multihash and uses it to store property values.
> I supports reading properties from a property file where more that one
> property is assigned to a key:
> key=value1,value2,value3
> The values are parsed into a String array and stored in the hashtable.
> This class supports the loading and storing of property files with multiple
> values.

how does this differ from
org.apache.commons.collections.ExtendedProperties?

> Please let me know if you guys are interested and how we can proceed, since
> I new here.

Simplest way is to post your code somewhere.  Either out on the web where
we can take a peek, or to the list itself.

regards,
michael