Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Guillaume Boutard <Gu...@ircam.fr> on 2004/06/23 10:42:38 UTC

Tomcat4 RMI class loading bermuda triangle

Hi every body,
I'm trying to fix this problem for one week and i'm turning crazy right now.
I have this servlet working perfectly, finding every package i put in
/var/tomcat4/shared/lib except that it doesn't find my RMIServer class
for casting
i get a
[java.lang.ClassNotFoundException] - myRMIServerClass
   org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
   org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
   java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:302)
   java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
   java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:141)

all classes are in the jar with the stub and skeleton (i tried to put
classes in WEB_INF/classes of my servlet but same problem... so i guess
this is not the real problem)

I have set in catalina policy file a:
grant {
        permission java.security.AllPermission;
};
to be sure there's no problem of security. i changed the init.d/tomcat4
script to add -security to the starting line to be sure that it is
started the right way

I used to try the same code with tomcat 3 and i changed to tomcat 4
because of a rmi jni problem reported on mailing lists (i spent so much
time on tomcat4 that i can't remember what was the previous one) but i
can't even get that far with tomcat4

My version is a rpm 4.2.1 for Red Hat

Does someone understand what's going on