Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io> on 2012/11/30 09:00:25 UTC

Re-spinning 3.1.0

Just and update on the 3.1.0 saga.

I'm going to fix the NPE in the MavenCli[1] now, and I'm going to chat with Simon Brandhof tomorrow about the use of Logback in Sonar[2]. Kristian also added the proper disposing the realms[3] by cleaning up some handing of arrays between threads which were causing the realms to be held. I'll send a separate thread about the logging options after chatting with Simon.

[1]: https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-5390
[2]: https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-5393
[3]: https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-5386

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder & CTO, Sonatype
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

What matters is not ideas, but the people who have them. Good people can fix bad ideas, but good ideas can't save bad people.

 -- Paul Graham

Re: Re-spinning 3.1.0

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io>.
Back to version 2.2:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=maven.git;a=commitdiff;h=97e8ae273784d86d3cb6b7849848c05919ac4896

On Nov 30, 2012, at 12:08 AM, Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net> wrote:

> Great. And from the JIRAs I take it that the default m-war-p has been
> changed (downgraded to 2.2?).
>
> /Anders
>

> On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 9:00 AM, Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io> wrote:
>
>> Just and update on the 3.1.0 saga.
>>
>> I'm going to fix the NPE in the MavenCli[1] now, and I'm going to chat
>> with Simon Brandhof tomorrow about the use of Logback in Sonar[2]. Kristian
>> also added the proper disposing the realms[3] by cleaning up some handing
>> of arrays between threads which were causing the realms to be held. I'll
>> send a separate thread about the logging options after chatting with Simon.
>>
>> [1]: https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-5390
>> [2]: https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-5393
>> [3]: https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-5386
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jason

>> Jason van Zyl
>> Founder & CTO, Sonatype
>> Founder,  Apache Maven
>> http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
>>
>> What matters is not ideas, but the people who have them. Good people can
>> fix bad ideas, but good ideas can't save bad people.
>>
>> -- Paul Graham

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder & CTO, Sonatype
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.

-- Edward Gibbon

Re: Re-spinning 3.1.0

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.

Re: Re-spinning 3.1.0

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
> I'll send a separate thread about the logging options after chatting with
> Simon.

I filed MNG-5394 [1] about creating a page on the site where we could
document on how logging should be done in a plugin. This doesn't have to be
done before we release 3.1.0 though as it's a site task.

/Anders

[1] https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-5394