Posted to modules-dev@httpd.apache.org by Mike <ml...@bigrideau.com> on 2007/07/09 18:55:33 UTC

module testing

Do any unit test/mock object frameworks exist for doing module testing?

Thanks

Re: module testing

Posted by Tim Bray <Ti...@Sun.COM>.
On Jul 9, 2007, at 9:55 AM, Mike wrote:

> Do any unit test/mock object frameworks exist for doing module
> testing?

Depends whether you mean unit testing or functional testing.  I ended
up writing a custom unit-test harness, which had to mock out great
big chunks of apr and apr-util so I could control their actions.  It
is brutally ugly but was worth the investment.  For functional
testing, I've had several recommendations for Apache::Test, which
allows you to write tests in Perl (I would have used it if there
hadn't been a pre-existing test driver for the specific protocol I
was implementing).  -Tim