Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net> on 2015/12/04 16:39:59 UTC

[allura:tickets] #7907 Use standardized solr installation

I've cherry-picked [3ea4c9] for the node installation, since that's a good fix to get out before our release.  I haven't had a change to closely review all the rest of this ticket yet.

---

** [tickets:#7907] Use standardized solr installation**

**Status:** review
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Labels:** sf-4 sf-current 42cc
**Created:** Mon Jun 29, 2015 03:25 PM UTC by Dave Brondsema
**Last Updated:** Thu Nov 26, 2015 01:20 PM UTC
**Owner:** Igor Bondarenko

We have a hacky setup for solr (both step-by-step and docker install):

* we wget solr, instead of using a system package
* we copy our schema into the solr example dir
* we run `start.jar` directly instead of a service

For docker, we should be able to use a solr image that somebody else has set up.  For the step-by-step we should use system packages and perhaps borrow ideas from the solr container's Dockerfile.

---

Sent from forge-allura.apache.org because dev@allura.apache.org is subscribed to https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/tickets/