Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by "DONG, Weike" <ky...@connect.hku.hk> on 2020/06/30 03:51:40 UTC

Flaws in RetractableTopNFunction.ComparatorWrapper#equals method prevent state access after restoration

Hi community,

Recently we found out an issue with the Top-N feature in blink planner, and
here is the JIRA ticket https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-18452.

After analysis, we believe that it is the flaw in the implementation of
equals method, as it does not take the random numbers within class names
and variables into account during comparison.

We would like to confirm whether this is actually an issue (mostly like
one, as it is 100% reproducible using standard SQL APIs).

Sincerely,
Weike

Re: Flaws in RetractableTopNFunction.ComparatorWrapper#equals method prevent state access after restoration

Posted by Jark Wu <im...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the feedback Weike,

I have responded under the JIRA issue. Let's keep the discussion in the
issue.

Best,
Jark