Posted to user@ant.apache.org by General Email <ge...@yahoo.com> on 2006/01/12 18:04:59 UTC

specifying include files in a in the

I'd like to specify a list of files to include in the <lib> inside a <war> task.
  Looks like this:

   <lib dir="c:/lib">

            <includes name="webService.jar,
              common.jar,
              utils.jar,/>

  </lib>

  How can I get around this and specify a list of files?

  Thnx.

---------------------------------

Re: specifying include files in a in the

Posted by General Email <ge...@yahoo.com>.
ok, that's a way of doing it but why does the  documentation for say 'fileset' and the attribute 'includes' say that  you can specify a list of comma separated file names??

Petar Tahchiev <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:  On 12/01/06, General Email  wrote:

> That will work with 'include' but it doesn't like 'includes' and then a
> list of comma separated file names.
>   That is the problem.
>
>   And yes...forgot the end quote there...typo in my post.
>
> Petar Tahchiev
 wrote:  On 12/01/06, General
> Email  wrote:
> >
> > I'd like to specify a list of files to include in the
> inside a
> > task.
> >   Looks like this:
> >

> 0h, and also you forgot to close your quotations marks here:
>               utils.jar,/>
> Doesn't ant complains it?
>
> --
> Regards, Petar!
>

> ---------------------------------
> Yahoo! Photos – Showcase holiday pictures in hardcover
> Photo Books. You design it and we'll bind it!

Sorry, my fault. I see now what you want.
First if you want to include a list of comma separated files you can use
this:

Second if you want to include a set of files you can use this:

where you point to the directory you want to use and exclude certain files.

Hope that helps!
--
Regards, Petar!

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Photos

Re: specifying include files in a in the

Posted by Petar Tahchiev <pa...@gmail.com>.
On 12/01/06, General Email <ge...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> That will work with 'include' but it doesn't like 'includes' and then a
> list of comma separated file names.
>   That is the problem.
>
>   And yes...forgot the end quote there...typo in my post.
>
> Petar Tahchiev <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:  On 12/01/06, General
> Email  wrote:
> >
> > I'd like to specify a list of files to include in the
> inside a
> > task.
> >   Looks like this:
> >

> 0h, and also you forgot to close your quotations marks here:
>               utils.jar,/>
> Doesn't ant complains it?
>
> --
> Regards, Petar!
>

> ---------------------------------
> Yahoo! Photos – Showcase holiday pictures in hardcover
> Photo Books. You design it and we'll bind it!

Sorry, my fault. I see now what you want.
First if you want to include a list of comma separated files you can use
this:

<lib dir="${basedir}/WEB-INF/lib" includes="WEB-INF/web.xml,
WEB-INF/my.xml"/>

Second if you want to include a set of files you can use this:

<lib dir="thirdparty/libs">
     <exclude name="jdbc1.jar"/>
</lib>

Posted by General Email <ge...@yahoo.com>.
That will work with 'include' but it doesn't like 'includes' and then a list of comma separated file names.

Posted by Petar Tahchiev <pa...@gmail.com>.
On 12/01/06, General Email <ge...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'd like to specify a list of files to include in the <lib> inside a <war>
> task.
>   Looks like this:
>
>    <lib dir="c:/lib">
>
>             <includes name="webService.jar,
>               common.jar,
>               utils.jar,/>
>
>   </lib>

> comma separated list of files to include.   However I get an error saying
> that <lib> doesn't support includes  and I'm forced to change to <include>
> (without the 's') and  include each file individually.
>   How can I get around this and specify a list of files?
>
>   Thnx.

> Yahoo! Photos – Showcase holiday pictures in hardcover
> Photo Books. You design it and we'll bind it!

I can't see what is the problem with :

<fileset dir="c:\lib">
      <include name="**/*.jar"/>
</fileset>