Posted to kato-dev@incubator.apache.org by Steve Poole <sp...@googlemail.com> on 2009/03/03 17:27:31 UTC

Status of code contribution from IBM

Since I'm in email writing mode I thought I'd give an update on IBM's
contribution to Apache Kato.

The saga is almost over - I  expect to see the CCLA appear in the next few
days.  Of course I've been saying that for sometime but now it looks like we
are just waiting for a signature from an Exec.

Steve

Re: Status of code contribution from IBM

Posted by Steve Poole <sp...@googlemail.com>.
On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 3:05 PM, Mark Hindess
<ma...@googlemail.com>wrote:

> In message <85...@mail.gmail.com>,
> Carmine Cristallo writes:
> >
> > Ciao!
> > We've committed the code under trunk/import (as specified here:
> > http://incubator.apache.org/guides/mentor.html#clean-up-best-practice
> > )
> > Now... our assumption is that the "import" directory is there only to
> > contain the initial code contribution, and that we need to do a svn
> > copy of the whole thing into trunk to start the actual development, Is
> > this correct? In this case, should we also copy the NOTICE and LICENSE
> > files from trunk/import into trunk?
>
> You now have kato/trunk/import which means everyone checking out the
> working-in-progress code also gets a copy of the original import.  I
> doubt very much that this was what was originally intended by the
> author of the best practice document.
>
> I'd probably:
>
>  svn move https://.../kato/trunk/import \
>           https://.../kato/branches/import
>
> unless one of your mentors has a better suggestion.

No other suggests were made so I've done as you suggested.

Posted by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 5:15 PM, Carmine Cristallo
<ca...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ciao!
> We've committed the code under trunk/import (as specified here:
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/mentor.html#clean-up-best-practice
> )
> Now... our assumption is that the "import" directory is there only to
> contain the initial code contribution, and that we need to do a svn
> copy of the whole thing into trunk to start the actual development, Is
> this correct?

i think so

> In this case, should we also copy the NOTICE and LICENSE
> files from trunk/import into trunk?

yes

- robert

Re: Status of code contribution from IBM

Posted by Carmine Cristallo <ca...@gmail.com>.
Ciao!
We've committed the code under trunk/import (as specified here:
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/mentor.html#clean-up-best-practice
)
Now... our assumption is that the "import" directory is there only to
contain the initial code contribution, and that we need to do a svn
copy of the whole thing into trunk to start the actual development, Is
this correct? In this case, should we also copy the NOTICE and LICENSE
files from trunk/import into trunk?

Thank you!

     Carmine

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.