Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Randy Layman <ra...@aswethink.com> on 2001/02/07 13:26:01 UTC

RE: Tomcat can't start as service

	First, don't sent HTML mail to this list - there are a number of
users who are not able to read these messages, therefore not allowing them
to read your question, much less answer it.

	As is mentioned in the HOW-TO for the service, Tomcat can not be
installed into a directory that has spaces in it.  You need to either
install it with the 8 character directory names (i.e. Progra~1) or move it
to a directory that doesn't contain spaces.

	Randy