Posted to dev@juddi.apache.org by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@gluecode.com> on 2005/02/15 00:55:51 UTC

Sun's WSDP Registry...

blew it's cookies when I ran the SaveBusinessSample.  It gave me an
auth token, but then to my amazement threw an NPE w/ the save business
request :

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><SOAP-ENV:
Header/><SOAP-ENV:Body><SOAP-ENV:Fault><detail><dispositionReport
generic="2.0" operator="Sun Microsystems Inc." truncated="false"
xmlns="urn:uddi-org:api_v2"><result errno="10500"><errInfo
errCode="E_FATALERROR">java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
com.sun.registry_server.base.UDDIString.&lt;init&gt;(UDDIString.java:
89)
	at com.sun.registry_server.base.UDDIKey.&lt;init&gt;(UDDIKey.java:92)
	at
com.sun.registry_server.base.BusinessKey.&lt;init&gt;(BusinessKey.java:
72)
	at
com.sun.registry_server.base.BusinessEntity.&lt;init&gt;
(BusinessEntity.java:106)
	at
com.sun.registry_server.base.BusinessEntities.newObject(BusinessEntities
.java:55)
	at
com.sun.registry_server.base.UDDICollection.populate(UDDICollection.java
:77)
	at
com.sun.registry_server.base.BusinessEntities.&lt;init&gt;
(BusinessEntities.java:40)
	at
com.sun.registry_server.request.SaveBusiness.&lt;init&gt;
(SaveBusiness.java:60)

It did have the courtesy to return the entire stack trace in the result
message....

Now, putting aside the fact that this is v1.5 of this gawdawful
software, and it should do some thing much more intelligent that barf
an NPE back at me, it is hinting that maybe there's something wrong w/
the BusinessKey :), similar to what IBM said...  I'm going to set it as
"" and see if businessKey gets included as an attribute...

geir@gluecode.com

RE: Sun's WSDP Registry...

Posted by Steve Viens <st...@viens.net>.
Geir,

Is this a Java-2-XML marshalling issue?  Would changing the Handler
(i.e. o.a.j.handlers.BusinessEntityHandler) to ensure that the
businessKey attribute is created even when it's value is null correct
this?

For instance, would changing the marshal() method in
BusinessEntityHandler as follows do the trick?

Replace:

    String businessKey = business.getBusinessKey();
    if (businessKey != null)
      element.setAttribute("businessKey",businessKey);

With:

    String businessKey = business.getBusinessKey();
    if (businessKey != null)
      element.setAttribute("businessKey",businessKey);
    else
      element.setAttribute("businessKey","");

If this works for you then I can track down wherever this occurs and
apply the fix.

Steve

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@4quarters.com>.

geir@gluecode.com