Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org> on 2005/09/01 00:01:19 UTC

Re: Different views for the same source file

On Wed, 2005-08-31 at 22:27 +0100, Ross Gardler wrote:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>
> Doh! You are right, I had already implemented the very solution you
> describe in a different use case.

;-)

> > Your point that this seems like a hack because we touching two things is
> > valid. You wrote:
> > "Of course, a hack is a quick solution, if we find this truly useful
> > then we can find a way of getting this into the view-resolver"

> > I will have no time tonight, so I cannot try. I reckon it is worth a
> > shoot.
> >
> > Anyway, wdyt?
>
> I think your idea sounds like a sensible one. I'm happy with the hack
> for now. But if you want to try this out I'll be even happier. My only
> concern is that all *.fv files will be in a single file.

No, only the ones with multiple views for a single source. The other can
stay like they are.

> But I guess
> jxtempaltes allow me to import external files.

Actually, yes and it will give you what you always wanted. Remember your
forrest:import suggestion? ;-)

BTW the suggestion to base views on jx:templates came originally from
Nicola. The nice thing on it: we do not have to implement my former
logic:bla stuff because that comes for free with jx templates (like lots
of other things).

[I hear Gregor clapping in his hands ;-)]

salu2
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"