Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by "David L. Naney" <dn...@cse.unl.edu> on 2000/11/16 16:30:28 UTC

CC/PP clarification

Sorry, CC/PP stands for:
Composite Capabilities/Preference Profiles

Information on CC/PP can be found at:

http://www.w3.org/Mobile/CCPP/

regards,

David Naney
From: "David L. Naney" <dn...@cse.unl.edu>
Subject: SOAP and CC/PP
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 08:28:55 -0600

> I am working on a project in which we would like to integrate
> the Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) and CC/PP. Is there
> any literature for, or work in progress in this area? It
> seems, to me, that there may be some compatability problems
> between these two technologies, in the area of the methods
> used for access (HTTP Post for SOAP, HTTP Get for CC/PP).

What is CC/PP?

Regards,
    Ryo Neyama
    ryo@shogi.ne.jp

Re: CC/PP clarification

Posted by Ryo Neyama <ne...@trl.ibm.co.jp>.
From: "David L. Naney" <dn...@cse.unl.edu>
Subject: CC/PP clarification
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 09:30:28 -0600

> Sorry, CC/PP stands for:
> Composite Capabilities/Preference Profiles
>
> Information on CC/PP can be found at:
>
> http://www.w3.org/Mobile/CCPP/

Ok. I got it. Thanks.

> I am working on a project in which we would like to integrate
> the Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) and CC/PP. Is there
> any literature for, or work in progress in this area? It
> seems, to me, that there may be some compatability problems
> between these two technologies, in the area of the methods
> used for access (HTTP Post for SOAP, HTTP Get for CC/PP).

I just roughly took a look at CC/PP.

SOAP does not depend on a particular transport protocol such as HTTP
Post, altough the SOAP spec is refering to HTTP Post as an
example. So, IMO, SOAP can be bound to the other transport protocols,
of course, including HTTP Get.

Any other compatibility problem between SOAP and CC/PP?
If yes, please let me know.

Regards,
    Ryo Neyama @ JavaShogi (http://www.shogi.ne.jp/)
    ryo@shogi.ne.jp

Re: CC/PP clarification

Posted by Ryo Neyama <ne...@trl.ibm.co.jp>.
From: "David L. Naney" <dn...@cse.unl.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 09:30:28 -0600

> Sorry, CC/PP stands for:
> Composite Capabilities/Preference Profiles
>
> Information on CC/PP can be found at:
>
> http://www.w3.org/Mobile/CCPP/

Ok. I got it. Thanks.