Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Juven Xu <ju...@sonatype.com> on 2010/05/23 11:23:13 UTC

Re: multi modules, scm and release plugin

I met the same issue, and created a ticket:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE-562

2010/4/19 Thomas Scheffler <th...@uni-jena.de>

> Am 19.04.2010 12:47, schrieb Stephen Connolly:
>
>  You need to run the release from the aggregator pom.  not from the parent.
>>

> That was exactly the way I was doing it.
>

>  The SCM information will effectively be ignored by the release plugin in
>> all
>> but the aggregator root.
>>
>> But you will want the SCM info in each project so that the project site
>> will
>> contain the correct information
>>

> Than it should have worked for me, but it wasn't. Do you have a project
> like this? I mean with parent module != aggregator module?
>
> regards
>
> Thomas
>

>  2010/4/19 Thomas Scheffler<th...@uni-jena.de>
>>
>>  Hi,
>>>
>>> after migrating our old ant build system to maven our first non-SNAPSHOT
>>> release is planned. But I have difficulties to get it work with the
>>> release
>>> plugin.
>>>
>>> SVN layout is this:
>>>
>>> branches/
>>> tags/
>>> trunk/
>>>  |-- pom.xml
>>>  |-- parent/
>>>  |     `-- pom.xml
>>>  |-- module1/
>>>  |     `-- pom.xml
>>>  |-- ..
>>>  `-- modulen/
>>>        `-- pom.xml
>>>

>>> The pom-parent of trunk/pom.xml is trunk/parent/pom.xml.
>>>
>>> For parent and module1-modulen the scm-URLs are defined in the pom.xml of
>>> parent like this:
>>>

>>> <scm>
>>>  <connection>scm:svn:file:///svn/trunk/${project.artifactId}</connection>
>>>

>>> <developerConnection>scm:svn:file:///svn/trunk/${project.artifactId}</developerConnection>
>>> </scm>
>>>
>>> in trunk/pom.xml like this:
>>>
>>> <scm>
>>>  <connection>scm:svn:file:///svn/trunk</connection>
>>>  <developerConnection>scm:svn:file:///svn/trunk</developerConnection>
>>> </scm>
>>>
>>> No with that the generated sites for all modules will link to the correct
>>> SVN-URL. But after a
>>> "mvn release:prepare"
>>> the repository layout is wrong
>>>
>>> branches/
>>> tags/
>>>  `-- release-1.0
>>>        |-- branches
>>>        |-- tags
>>>        `-- trunk
>>> trunk/
>>>
>>> The release plugin did not copied the content of the trunk folder to
>>> tags/release-1.0 but the content of the parent-folder.
>>>
>>> So how do I have to configure the scm/release plugins to get this done
>>> correctly?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Thomas

- juven

Re: multi modules, scm and release plugin

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
>>> trunk/
>>>  |-- pom.xml
>>>  |-- parent/
>>>  |     `-- pom.xml
>>>  |-- module1/
>>>  |     `-- pom.xml
>>>  |-- ..
>>>  `-- modulen/
>>>        `-- pom.xml

> trunk/parent/pom.xml.

Why not let trunk/parent/pom.xml point to trunk/pom.xml as parent?
And trunk/module1/pom.xml youle point to trunk/parent/pom.xml as parent.

Then you should be able to release your project from trunk.

This used to work for me.

LieGrue,
strub